Thursday, March 4, 2010

On photo galleries and disaster photography

No, I haven't forgotten to post photos on the blog just yet! I've been working on setting up a proper image gallery online with my full portfolio together with a fellow photographer and Czech journalist, Petr Venzl.. coming soon (probably even more likely to happen considering I'm not putting it together!)

It would have been great if I could have included a gallery feature directly on blogspot but I can't seem to find a way to post photos here without having to put them up individually with a blog post. That makes it quite difficult to search and sort.

I have just seen some of Petr's photos from Haiti on his recent trip there - they are amazing. He will be submitting some of them to a European photo contest and I'm certain there's a prize in there somewhere waiting for him. I'm not a huge fan of the 'disaster photo' genre but Petr's were certainly more hopeful than the likes of the winners of prizes following the tsunami in Asia a few years back.

I'll post the link to the new site as soon as it's up!

No comments: