Sunday, December 21, 2008

Time for a break!

I'm taking a few days off this week to catch up with admin work before I fly back to Prague for New Year.. really looking forward to that trip actually.. it's been a while since I visited and it will be nice to catch up with friends and family there. Mmm.. the thought of having carp for Christmas won't appeal as much to you no doubt but if you're Czech, it's heaven!

A few interesting developments came up over the last week. I saw a couple of my friend Pratish's cartoons on the Mail & Guardian thought leader website - e.g. see Michael Trapido's article on the controversial Zapiro cartoons and free speech - they're excellent. I have spoken to him about making some cartoons for my coverage of the SA 2009 elections .. I think that'll be amazing. Also check out his cartoon blog called Wonkie to get a feel of some of the caricature and satiristic humour.

No comments: